2018 Best Smartwatch for Android
In the era of smartphones, one is not witnessing revolution in the realm of smartphones only as the same technology has been extended to watches as well. The watches with mechanical dialers has disappeared now. People like a smartwatch on their wrist which apart from serving its basic purpose, performs several other operations as well such as monitoring user's heart rate, enabling him/her to listen music, etc. Though it is believed that only fitness freaks go after such gadgets, these watches can be put on by anyone as some smartwatches come with customizable straps as well to suit different occasions. Smartphones operate on different platforms or operating systems such as android or iOS, similarly smartwatches also run on different operating systems. In this article, we discuss the best android wearable smartwatches that you can connect with your android phone as well.
- LG Sport Watch Smartwatch: LG is a well-known name when it comes to gadgets and electronic items. Those who keep themselves abreast of the developments following in the realm of gadgets, will agree that this LG smartwatch is definitely the best among those available in the market right now. The watch comes with AMOLED display, heart rate monitor, in-built GPS, water resistant feature, support for Google play, and what not. The watch seems bit pricey at first but when you consider the features and specifications of the watch, you will find the watch worth its price.
- Fitbit Ionic: A smartwatch by Fitbit is all you need to keep yourself healthy utilizing its in-built features and be worriless about carrying your wallet along as the contactless payment feature of the watch makes things easier for you. It comes with an in-built GPS and music system, so you don't need to bear the burden of carrying an i-pod. It comes with different strap colors which you can swap out depending upon the occasion. The watch's water-resistant property makes it look awesome under water.
- Huawei Watch 2: Huawei is already a trusted brand in the sphere of smartphones and now it has extended its services to manufacturing smartwatches as well. This watch form the Chinese maker Huawei comes with loads of features such as customizable user interface, heart rate monitor, access to Facebook Messenger, and other applications. Huawei's own applications for the smartwatch will assist you in setting up the watch.
- HTC Halfbreak Android Smartwatch: Though HTC has not made public any details about the watch and has not confirmed the name "Halfbreak", geeks and gadget lovers have got their fingers crossed for its early release. It is anticipated that the watch is likely to be in the market towards the end of 2018. In the leaked photos of the watch on the internet, it can be seen that it is compact with OLED screen and HTC logo at the lower part of the watch. As the watch bears the tag of HTC, you can trust the quality of the watch even blindfold.
- Polar M600: This sport watch by Polar is the best Android powered wearable fitness device. The battery back-up offered by the watch is just amazing. Amid its hatful features, some are in-built GPS, water resistance rating IPX8, and Heart rate monitor. Polar's Flow App enables you to get the best of any activity such as skiing, rowing, hiking and what not. Owing to its indispensable features, this one is most sought after by smartwatches lovers. Though the watch is bit expensive when you compare it with other smartwatches, keeping in mind its features, the price seems reasonable.
- Misfit Vapor: Among the android smartwatches that we have discussed so far, this smartwatch is compatible with both android as well as iOS which means if you are moving from an android phone to an iPhone or if the case is otherwise, you don't need to change your smartwatch if you own this gadget. The stylish look of the watch is what makes it appealing to the eyes. Among its features, we have an in-built GPS, water resistant feature, and heart rate monitor. One need to carry his/her mobile to utilize the GPS tracking feature. The watch enables its users to store music on it. Though the battery life of the watch is only average, it is a good buy at its current price.
Most of the watches we have discussed comes with an in-built heart rate monitor, but this technology has not advanced that much that is why smartwatches with this feature generate poor results. Apart from this, every watch has its own specialty. Though there are some watches already that support contactless payment, it is likely that in the coming years, smartwatches will be flooded with numerous features which will make the smartphones almost obsolete. It’s because what you can do now on your smartphone you will be able to perform same functions on your smartwatch as well.